TEMPO WALK PROVIDES UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY DURING SOCIAL DISTANCING
Club Car’s autonomous caddie, Tempo Walk, has provided The Hermitage Golf Course, a 36-hole facility that has been ranked in the Top 10 in Tennessee by Golf Digest, with a unique opportunity to provide golfers a new experience while social distancing. Tempo Walk helps golfers enjoy the beauty of the course with a hands-free experience, GPS yardage and an integrated cooler all while carrying your bag.
Tempo walk allows golfers to not have to worry about pushing and pulling a handcart or carrying their clubs, they can focus on everything that first attracted them to the game: the traditions, strategy, competition, and friendship found in a foursome.
The Hermitage Golf Course has used Tempo Walk for its golfers during this unprecedented time. As the golf world focuses on social distancing, Tempo Walk has seen an uptick in usage at the Hermitage Golf Course. “Our Tempo Walk units have been out on the course, all day every day and golfers love them” said Mike Eller, Owner of the Hermitage Golf Course. “We currently have four Tempo Walk units onsite and look forward to receiving an additional four to satisfy the demand.”
GOLF OPERATIONS DURING COVID 19
“We have worked with our local government, and taken the necessary steps to keep golfers and staff safe. We have been fortunate to remain open during this pandemic, and Tempo Walk has been a great addition to our course and a unique offering while we encourage social distancing among our golfers” said Eller.
A TRUE, VALUE-ADDED EXPERIENCE
The Hermitage Golf Course is one of many courses looking for ways to allow play to continue, while adhering to state and local guidelines. With the addition of Tempo Walk, The Hermitage Golf Course has been able to provide a unique and differentiated experience, while adding an additional revenue stream through Tempo Walk rentals.
IN ADDITION TO TEMPO WALK, THE HERMITAGE GOLF COURSE HAS
IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS:
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high touch areas in offices, including doors, phones, keyboards and counters
- Relocated pro shop and starter operations outdoors
- One golfer per golf car
- Increased space between golf cars in staging area further apart to accommodate appropriate social distance of six feet or more
- Encouraging walking
- Flagstick cup liners elevated above the surface of the putting green and players putt to the cup liner rather than allowing the ball to go into the hole, thus eliminates the need to remove the flagstick
- All bunkers raked in the morning and Members/Guests can play in the bunker with a preferred lie. Encouraged foot raking of any shot to provide a better lie for the next group coming through after